Design/Build Renovation of General Smedley D. Butler Stadium, MCB Quantico
PKS was awarded an 8(a) Sole Source Contract in September, 2011 by the NAVAFAC Washington District to perform restoration of General Smedley D. Butler Stadium to include a new artificial turf football field with new drainage and restoration of the below ground stadium complex at MCB Quantico, Quantico VA. PKS performed the following work:
- Installed NCAA quality artificial turf football/soccer field with Marine logo at center field and custom Marine end zones
- Installed drainage under football field and around perimeter of existing running track.
- Demolition and replacement of field goals
- Demolition of existing seating
- Replaced deteriorated concrete seating planks with precast structural concrete seat planks.
- Removed and replaced existing handrails with painted steel handrails.
- Installed crack sealant and new coping stones on upper and lower walls.
- Removed and replaced existing upper and lower sidewalk with new poured concrete.
- Renovated existing press box and VIP seating area. This work included lead abatement, window replacement, new drywall, new seating and seat backs, sun protection, and painting of all wood surfaces.